The 2018 Government Affairs Disability Employment Summit was a great success for our Texas team. They had the opportunity to hear from the top leaders in national disability policy on topics ranging from the civil rights of people with disabilities to insight on Medicaid funding. Listed were our six issues at focus to bring to the attention of the Congress.
- The need to support the Master’s Level Requirement for Qualified Rehabilitation Counselors
- The importance of keeping the Rehabilitation Services Administration in the Department of Education
- Reasons for rejecting the ADA Education and Reform Act, H. R. 620
- The need to pass the Disability Integration Act
- The importance of protecting Medicaid funding and its support of employment services for people with disabilities
- The need to approve the resolution of ratification for the Marrakesh Treaty to Facilitate Access to Published Works for Persons Who Are Blind, Visually Impaired or Otherwise Print Disabled
The Texas Team conducted legislative visits Tuesday, March 27, 2018 on Capitol Hill and visited 12 legislative offices. Read more about the visits in the 2018 Summit Summary.